abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Detail of Warm Spring - Death Valley National Park
400-1837.jpg

Okie-dokie, self critique;

Looks like I stopped the water completely. Should of had a spot or two showing how clear the water was and some detail underneath. Looks like the whole thing stopped. Colors look a bit different, probably because it was deep shade on an extremely bright day.

Warm spring?- Yep, about 85F. Tasted really good though.

:)

Well, Walter, I'm afraid you are right with your self-critique, a tiny stream like this one does not give itself as freely to the "water-all-foggy" kind of photography as larger areas of water do. This one I would have loved to see clear and flowing (with the photo showing the little current), so that you almost hear the tiny little sound of such tiny little stream from out of the photo alone.

Thanks LaFoto,

I was looking for an eddy, found this and settled for it- shouldn't have, but...

:)

why is that that it doesn't work as well with smaller streams or "trickles"...? i have a lot of shots similar to this... i'm always fascinated by any running water around here but the photos just never do it justice...

I do think you did well with the settings, getting the motion blur just right for this turbulent little patch of white water... :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back