The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just starting to get out more after being virtually house-bound since Xmas with injured spouse.
I went to a street fair with the intent of trying to learn to use the Oly EP3. It was inconspicuous - and light - but the downsides of not so fast AF, impossibility of using EC quickly and virtual blindness in the bright overhead sun even at 9 am gave me a not so satisfactory experience.

All that being said, the absolute fun of a street fair is the amount of energy and the chance to catch slices of humanity without their noticing. Here are five that I looked at quickly.

c/c are welcome.

$LaurelFair--.jpg

$LaurelFair---2.jpg

$LaurelFair---3.jpg

$LaurelFair---4.jpg

$LaurelFair---5.jpg

I love small town America. Especialy the "Where's the beef" T-Shirt. The B&W compliments this set, though you already know that. You post a lot of B&W's and they are always nice. Nice work IMO as always.

I love small town America. Especialy the "Where's the beef" T-Shirt. The B&W compliments this set,

I like small town America - but from a bit of a distance, it's not as much fun if you really get face-on. At least not in the not-so-rich towns.

I also like BW because it gets right down to the content and the composition. THere's nothing bright and pretty to distract the eye and let someone who doesn't really look at the picture, think it's nice. It's not so obvious but with the dappled light, these required a good amount of work to look even this good - and the one of the little girls could have been much, much better with my Nikon, better light and if I didn't have road rash from ankles to knees so I couldn't bend.

I'm also from NE. I grew up in Framingham, Mass and went to college in Mass also.

I love small town America. Especialy the "Where's the beef" T-Shirt. The B&W compliments this set,

I like small town America - but from a bit of a distance, it's not as much fun if you really get face-on. At least not in the not-so-rich towns.

Nooo. It definitely is not as fun. The reason why small rural Texas towns have so many drunk rednecks is because there is nothing better to do (partly being sarcastic...partly being truthful)

It's one of those romanticized aspects of American culture. Kind of like the wild west and whatnot....

Nooo. It definitely is not as fun. The reason why small rural Texas towns have so many drunk rednecks is because there is nothing better to do (partly being sarcastic...partly being truthful)

It's one of those romanticized aspects of American culture. Kind of like the wild west and whatnot....

Well, I am originally from Small Town America, and am fully aware of what it's like. Many who have never lived that life are clueless when it comes to what the life style is all about. I'm not so sure "city life" is better. Just different.

Most reactions

Back