Street Performers

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Couple o street performers jammin at the folk festival. Gave 'em some smokes and chatted a bit.

7868329400_7cfd987099_c.jpg

7868332438_f1f4d1fafa_c.jpg

Ya, #1 is really good stuff. Right subject has a wonderful face. Maybe PP out that light fence post coming out of his head. Great expressions.

I thought number 1 was a good one. Thanks.

Totally missed the fence pole in his head...arghh...fail. lol I'll fix it. thanks.

whats wrong wit with thier faces? looks like you went over board on the skin smoothing or something. almsot cartoon like.

whats wrong wit with thier faces? looks like you went over board on the skin smoothing or something. almsot cartoon like.

Nothing is wrong with them at all. That was the intent on the shot of the dude with the guitar.

the one with just the two of them, I only ran it through a noise reduction filter as it was super dark and I had to really jack up iso, even on my 50 1.4, so it smoothed out the faces a tad, but hardly at all as the plugin I used does a great job at it.

You can see his pot marks, scars, and blemishes very well as I left it that way on purpose to show the miles he has put on in life. So, not sure where you get "smoothing" from that one, as his fase is far from smooth. The second guy is blurred, on purpose, using the appropriate aperture settings to achieve that very thing.

Here is a link to the original file size on my flickr. You can see there is still a significant bit of noise...even after the reduction...more than I like to have...but I didn't want to smooth it over and lose the detail.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8281/7868329400_0b84a53d03_o.jpg

both shots were at iso 1000 wide open at f/1.4 50mm 1/50s I still had to lighten them up with shadows/highlights as well as slight exposure adjustments in photoshop. It was mad dark....no street lights around...just the small red/orange glow from tents nearby selling food.

I like the first one and they way they are both holding the cigarretes in their mouths. I'm not crazy about the PP in the second one...

I like the first one and they way they are both holding the cigarretes in their mouths. I'm not crazy about the PP in the second one...

Thanks lady. Yeah, didn't think too many would dig the second...but it was how I liked it...given that it was about pitch black I decided to do something different with it. Kinda goofy but I like it sorta. lol.
It was also more practice for me than anything. I was able to bring out the luminosity in the bucket without affecting his shirt, the bucket was not originally that bright, and I wanted to test my skills on working with individual colors without affecting overall saturation. Things like that.

I have two others I didn't process yet, Not sure if they will lighten up well enough or not...I'll visit them tonight and see if they are presentable or not.

Shot number one reminds me of just how totally fricking awesome cigarette smoking is!!!

Most reactions

Back