Street Photography - CC

Here's a few from my shooting spree yesterday. As always, C&C is welcome!

4587274472_dcb93b1d2f_o.jpg

4587274308_b89b872402_o.jpg

4586649881_cbc8587d8c_o.jpg

4586649703_ec4f5a51f3_o.jpg

If you want to get some inspiration to use a wide angle lens, watch War Photographer by James Nachtwey. He is an awesome photojournalist, probably one of the best alive IMO, and tends to use wide lenses... He uses two cameras and has (I believe) a 24mm and a 35mm, one on each.

He is really up close and personal, which is what lends so much emotion to his photos.

Look him up, might inspire you :)
Wow, very inspiring work i gotta say. Thanks.

And here are some more opinions about "War Photographer" which someone mentioned is available on YouTube.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photographic-discussions/199552-war-photographer.html
Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely check it out.

Number 8: i'm not getting on that train i'll wait for the next one thanks!:lol:
I like number 6, a decent picture in the metro style. Nice i think that you didn't go overboard with the contrast/sharpness - has become a bit of stylistic cliche in recent times with 'street'especially NYC (amongst other cities) for some reason!

Is it the guy in the goofy hat or that creepy face on the upper left corner staring at that girl :confused:
I like number 6, a decent picture in the metro style. Nice i think that you didn't go overboard with the contrast/sharpness - has become a bit of stylistic cliche in recent times with 'street'especially NYC (amongst other cities) for some reason!
Thanks. Glad you think it's not overdone, cause I'm never sure how the b&w conversion looks. Sometimes I do go overboard, sometimes not enough.

Is it the guy in the goofy hat or that creepy face on the upper left corner staring at that girl :confused:

No, it's because in picture 8 the carriage appears to have come off the rails and the occupants wear resigned and bored expressions like they've been stuck for hours. :D

Most reactions

Back