Street(?) photography one for C&C

Rudha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok this is at a secluded beach where couple of friends and me drove upto and we found this old guy tagging along ....it was creepy at first but then he turned to be ok lol ....he was so camera shy so i only managed to get one photo lemme know what you think.
5069831517_9b1d79e462_b.jpg

Nice picture. Old people certainly make the best subjects!

IMG_2271.jpg

More of a snapshot, but the story is what matters!

Nice picture. Old people certainly make the best subjects!

More of a snapshot, but the story is what matters!

are you talking about mine or urs?? if itz urs what's the story???
mine was that we went to the beach and there was a little hut made of palm tress and leaves and apparently the old guy is the watchman....hence he followed but let us into it ....nice of him i guess although he did accept some money lol

I was talking about mine being a snapshot, yours certainly isn't!

The older guy in my picture was in a random deserted town in Oman. He wandered out of a building with an old wooden cane, and was singing all of the traditional Arabic greetings (how is your family, how is your health, whats your news, etc.). Everything that he said was sung, one of the coolest/strangest conversations I have ever had.

n43202661_31023747_5145.jpg

Is it the same in India where it is very difficult to take pictures of people? In the Middle East, most people who allow you will ask you for money.

lol thanks....i am glad u didnt take any offense :)
yeah it is hard to take pics in India....most people think i am up to no good sometimes they make me really nervous just by looks ....lol
People who ask for money are those people who will ask for it anyways especially beggars. It's sad and irritating at the same time.
P.S: i soo want to do that, You know have random conversations and take photos but am nervous, so kudos :)

I generally keep my camera put away because I know that many people would have a problem with a Westerner taking their picture. This one gentleman was fine with it though.

People are naturally curious. If you try speaking with them and they see that you are not crazy, they should be fine with giving you a minute or two of their time!

lol....i guess i just have to do it i'll post it here once i get 'em.

How fun, I'm in India right now typing this. I've been doing a little street photography while here myself... as time permits.

1040252627_Kay8c-XL.jpg

I took that one in Mumbai on Saturday at the Haji Ali Mosque.

ooh i think they are called harmoniums....nice photo although people in the forum would say elbows are cut off lol....hav loads of fun :)

Is it the same in India where it is very difficult to take pictures of people? In the Middle East, most people who allow you will ask you for money.
I've found that it really depends on how and where you take pictures. If you use a short lens and get up close for the shots, then you will likely be asked for money if the subject is poor. I used a 70-200mm lens for my travels and found that I could get candid shots and avoid drawing the attention of my subject if I was careful.

But that didn't stop me from being assailed by countless people begging for money.

ooh i think they are called harmoniums....nice photo although people in the forum would say elbows are cut off lol....hav loads of fun :)
The elbows are cut off by design. I wanted closer to his face, the subject of the shot. I wasn't concerned with his knees, feet, hands, elbows, etc. :)

Most reactions

Back