Street Photography

laughing_butterfly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I am going to be doing some street photography here in a few weeks and I was wondering If anyone Has any tips on dealing with People . I have heard of people getting attacked and police taking property and such so anyone have any good advice?

Suit of armor maybe? Oh and an axe, a large one.

Really ?? That bad huh ..What about a can of pepper spray ... I have that alot easier to find then an axe but a friend of mine dose own a battle sword ..That may have possibilities. :)

Thanks Higgy I printed that off and Im just going to keep it in my bag with a small note book and a mp3 recorder . That way i have all my bases covered .

A batlith is also recommended.

Its not as bad as you think. Just be nice and smile. It goes a long way.

Just wear this while you are at it:

dont_tase_me_bro_t_shirt-p235659446884691351uh7s_400.jpg

You're personality has at least a little to do with it. I'm really far too self conscious to do street. If you're extroverted and good with people, that can go a long way. Just understand that some people don't want their picture taken, and respect that. OTOH, some people jump at the chance to be photographed. Being discreet in a casual way will also help keep you from sticking out like a sore thumb.

You could always just cut a hole in your purse, put your camera in it and remote trigger it.

Yeah the whole Minnesota Nice thing is a lie trust me people here are not nice just passive aggressive polite but they can get really mean, keeping all that anger in is not good for them and they jump at the chance to explode . I think subscuck is right I don't want to stand out.

Good lord. :lol:

It depends on where you are, but generally it's really not bad at all.

9 times out of 10 if someone looks at you funny, just smile and say "Hi". That diffuses almost every situation.

If you get pressured to leave or not take pictures or whatever, it's certainly good to understand your rights as a photographer (be sure to understand laws vary by state and country, but are generally pretty open), but honestly I've only ever been pressured to the point of citing my rights a couple times in all the time I've been shooting.

I wouldn't worry about it, but I would be prepared.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back