Street Portrait, C&C please

kreuzberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these shots one day after I got talking to a busker in town. I've never taken any kind of portrait before as I usually shoot landscapes and the like so I thought Id shoot from a couple of different angles.

I think my favourite is the first one because of the facial expression but I also kind of like the composition of 3. Any thoughts?

I think I would also have liked to have taken one more to the front of the busker but he was in front of an empty shot with distracting posters in the window so I decided against it.

The first one is also my favorite because the background in the other two is annoying.

But you need to refine your skills in B&W photo. All 3 of them are flat and blah....

How would you make them not blah?

Ive heard underexposing them by one stop and them pushing them a stop can give better contrast but Id rather not do that

Nice photos. I like the third one best, minus the fat wastes of life behind him. Would have been nice if you got his feet.

crop 1 and 2. Too high in the 'ceiling'. But overall it was good.

Thanks guys, next time I'll try and get in closer and cut down on the empty space above the subject.

Any other tips?

Thanks guys, next time I'll try and get in closer and cut down on the empty space above the subject.

Any other tips?

If you had moved to your left there was a reflection in the window that might have looked good, take your time wait for people interacting with him

If you had moved to your left there was a reflection in the window that might have looked good, take your time wait for people interacting with him

Ah I never thought about that, the reflection could have been cool if there wernt posters there. Ill have to look out for him next time I'm in town and hope the posters are gone.

Nice pics, personaly would like a smidgen more contrast but then I can also be accused of over doing it!

I've just checked the prints and they have much better contrast than the scans, for some reason they've come out way too grey. I was only using my University's scanner but next time I'll have to set it up better

Most reactions

Back