Streets of Japan

mightyfly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. Here's sharing some of the candid shots of people I've taken in japan recently. Comments and critics are welcome! :)

P1000885e-1.jpg

P1010198e.jpg

3. I had done some post-processing to give it a washed-out vintage look.
None.jpg

P1000891e-1.jpg

Last edited:
I love Japan. Looking at your pictures brought back some memories of my time living there. I lived in Northen Japan. I like no. 1 the best.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the photo!

mom2eight, I love japan too! I've been staying here for over a year now, and the overall experience has been nothing short of wonderful. Too bad I'll be leaving soon, so I'm taking as many pictures of here as I can before that day comes. :)

Last edited:
Awesome images, really feeling number one, reminds me of my trip there last summer, where were these taken in Japan?

Thanks!! Picture 1 and 4 were taken at Shinjuku, with the latter inside a train station. 2 and 3 were taken at Enoshima Island.

Below is another picture taken at a train station. I can't remember exactly which train station this is. What struck me most about it is this walk-way, which seemed so endlessly long and straight. So I couldn't resist.

P1000847e.jpg

Last edited:
I personally like number 4...well done.

fine photographs of small but great country...i liked the second one.

Thanks guys!!

Below is another photo I took recently, while taking the subway. The somewhat symmetrical "set-up" of the scene in front of me caught my attention. Interestingly, the man in the middle raised up his newspapers and blocked his face right after I finished taking the shot, and it remained at that position for the rest of the trip.... he must have spotted my camera! :lol:

As usual, please feel free to comment or critic.

P1040279_640.jpg

Last edited:
Interestingly, the man in the middle raised up his newspapers and blocked his face right after I finished taking the shot, and it remained at that position for the rest of the trip.... he must have spotted my camera!

...and he figured, oh, just another bloody tourist. ;)

...is a small advantage for the gaijin shooter, since I guess you're not Japanese?

Nicely done anyway.

There is an amazing symmetry there, wow.

The way they are angled.
Both of the older men reading at same level.
Both ends have long hair.
Both old men have their briefcases on their laps.

love it, love it, love it. What a lucky capture.

Interestingly, the man in the middle raised up his newspapers and blocked his face right after I finished taking the shot, and it remained at that position for the rest of the trip.... he must have spotted my camera!

...and he figured, oh, just another bloody tourist. ;)

LOL...

...is a small advantage for the gaijin shooter, since I guess you're not Japanese?
Yeah, I'm a gaijin, but I'm an asian. So I probably don't look much different from the japanese on first glance. And I have to agree, sometimes I do wish I look more obvious like a gaijin tourist, so I can get away with taking more close-up pictures at them without attracting too much attention. :lol:

Nicely done anyway.
Thanks!!!

There is an amazing symmetry there, wow.

The way they are angled.
Both of the older men reading at same level.
Both ends have long hair.
Both old men have their briefcases on their laps.

...and both ends have a "poster" each on the walls, both sides of the railings on top are empty too!! Heheh...

Tlove it, love it, love it. What a lucky capture.

Thanks, I'm glad you love the picture!! Yeah, I thought I was lucky too. I probably won't ever forgive myself if I hadn't taken this shot... so you can imagine the adrenaline rush I had, as I struggled to take my camera out from the bag and shoot it. :lol:

Last edited:
Very nice work! I love all the colors you captured in pic #1. And pic #4 is pretty cool!

The last "symmetrical' scene really was a great capture. It reminds me of all the shots I 'wish' I would have taken over the years. Kudos to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back