Stress = Rookie Mistake

Absolutely agree 100% - he pays the bill gets what he wants, but I think the image would have been a lot stronger if you'd knocked the background two stops.
2 stops would have been way too much. 1 stop would have improved the shot a little, but not everyone has knowledge of flash photography nor the equipment.

And we should be a little careful... when comes to lighting. After a while, we develop a style and everything looks like a nail for us to pound on with our hammers. It's important to not fall into a technical routine all the time, and to change things up to keep things fresh and interesting. Basically I am saying that unflashed photos are not the work of satan... lol.

A little paranoia about everything is not such a bad thing. What I don't understand is why you didn't know what shutter speed/f stop you were shooting at. I'm an olde film dude dragged kicking and screaming into digital. Is it so easy these days to just push the button and get on with it without having a clue what the camera is doing?
They said it... The stress of i all, the pressure and all, and they just overlooked the obvious and went by their LCD screen. That is something that an old film shooter never lived through, and perhaps thats why it is a touch more difficult to understand. There is no instant gratification when using film. :)

No instant gratification using film? Back "in the day" a lot of cameras were big and heavy and when a perp takes a swing at a news photog and he uses that big, tough Speed Graphic or 10-ton Nikon F with motor drive and attached battery pack to deck the dude -- that's instant gratification.
Seriously, I honestly wondered how that situation got by her. Okay, I understand.
By the way, I just ordered another DSLR Nikon from KEH today. My old one won't work on autofocus with my 80-200 f2.8 Nikkor but my olde film N70 will.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back