Strings

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
strings20x20-resized.jpg

Fuji Neopan SS 100

And a 100% crop just for fun (taken from the center, roughly - full size image is 6000x6000 pixels)
strings20x20-100crop.jpg

Taken with 100mm Macro, not sure what aperture it was on.

After the holidays (when I'm not so broke) I want to send this to mpix to get printed. I had originally planned on 20x20 (at 300 ppi), but I remember reading on here that mpix requests 250 ppi - so that makes it 24x24, that works too...maybe I should go smaller though - 12x12 or something. Not sure anymore. I've never gotten any really big prints, so I kinda just want to see how it looks.

This is the largest output file I've tried so far with my scanner. I think it came out pretty good. This is scaled 2340% (23.4 times larger) of the negative, till now I've been keeping that around 1000%.

What do you guys think? (I see a few dust spots I need to take care of...)

The 100% crop (looking at it from 10-15 feet away) isn't quite as sharp as I had hoped...

Last edited:
I like this alot sir :) btw I'm a guitar junkieeee.. what kind :p

Fender Strat

Thanks!

Any other thoughts on this one? I know a lot of you guys don't go in the B&W section much (maybe you'll see it on the 'new posts' though)...

Do you think it's sharp enough for a 20x20 print? (I've never printed that big, so I don't really know what to expect.)

i like it. i like that you can see the detail of the string and everything.
i don't know why you cropped it for the second one lol. but nice though

ps. i love black and white pictures. so i'm gonna be in here more often

Thanks

i don't know why you cropped it for the second one lol.

I was just trying to get an idea what the print would look like up close. Since I did the additional crop, I thought I may as well post it.

Nice shot. I have to admit, though, that I first thought it was a bass...:)

Thanks.

Yeah the DOF kinda merges the e, B & G strings into one.

Now that I look again, I shouldn't really have been thrown off as the string size compared to the fret size is a dead-give-away. Still nice shot either way!

Most reactions

Back