Struggling photographer needs some help

marine09666

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have been trying to get a decent camera to get stock photography and i spent 750 on ebay to get a camera and it turns out the camera was broken and the guy screwed me. it turns out he had stolen someones account and even though they had 600 positive feedback i got screwed and paypal wouldn't give me my money back so now im broke and i cant afford a camera i was wondering if anyone could donate money or a camera to help out i am 16 it took me about 7 months to save that up and i got screwed. please help if you can email me at [email protected] i have a small amount of money left if theres anything you can sell to me at a good price thx

i think asking for money or handouts is aginst forum rules. check out the buy and sell section

Sorry about your luck marine09666 but i have a sneaking suspicion nobody is going to donate any money to you.

What kind of camera was it?

That stinks marine. Ive had mostly good experiances with ebay, but ive tlked to people who have had things like this happen to them.

If your sure you cant get any reimbursment i would try and sell it as an AS-IN condition.

Do you have any more info on the camera? Did it come with anything you can salvage like a lens or something?

That stinks marine. Ive had mostly good experiances with ebay, but ive tlked to people who have had things like this happen to them.

If your sure you cant get any reimbursment i would try and sell it as an AS-IN condition.

Do you have any more info on the camera? Did it come with anything you can salvage like a lens or something?

If you believe that sob story then you are more gullible than he claims e is :)

A 16 year old buying a 750 camera on ebay, yeah right.

If anyone wants to send me money for a new camera they can do so, I havent got a sob story I just want free stuff.

If your begging, do a search to see if there is a "freecycle" network near you. They post stuff for recycling and you can make requests. You might need to wait a while.

If you believe that sob story then you are more gullible than he claims e is :)

A 16 year old buying a 750 camera on ebay, yeah right.

If anyone wants to send me money for a new camera they can do so, I havent got a sob story I just want free stuff.

Im not saying i believe it, and i definetly dont think anyone would give him money

And i dont think a 16 year old spending that much is rediculous. And i can defienetly see something like this happening with ebay, thats just how it is sometimes. But if i was gonna drop that much money on a camera i would go to a store or use a more trusted web site like b and h.

sorry about your luck:(

But here is a lesson learned:

DON'T BUY CAMERA EQUIPMENT FROM EBAY

use well trusted vendors from now on.

My thought is - if you had 750 for a camera, why use ebay in the first place? With that much money you should have bought in a reputable store! This is an old cliche`, but I'm old enough to be your mother -probably your grandmother, and all I can say is I wish I had $750!!! Where does a 16 year old get money like that? And why isn;t someone supervising how you use it?

Normally I do not post in these kinds of threads, but I have to make a note... I will not go into detail, but based on the original post, its bogus as heck. This is someone looking for a freebie and wanting to play someone's heart strings.

Even if it was true (which I am 100% sure its not)... why would the 16 year old come here for handouts, do they not have parents to help them handle such things?

This post has so many loop holes in it, it doesn't hold any weight for me. Neither does the poster hold much value to me for trying to cheat people.

Nice try... better luck next time.

how ironic!!!! I have a friend in Nigeria who has just received an inheritance, he just needs money for a flight here and he'll meet you at the air port with the check!!!

oh i crack myself up :lol:

This guy did post a few weeks ago asking for advice for buying a camera...

Marine09666-a word of advice, being that you are young, dont put your personal email address out there for all to see, you never know what wierdos are out there, not necassary on this site but outside viewers who any come accross this site. especially as you are still young.

How do your parents feel about you asking for money so publicly??

Lastly see if you can get a job to help you save money quicker.

ANd if you are not 16 or 15 as your first ever post stated and you are just after money, I am sure you will find your self banned from this site.

How is paypal not helping you out in a situation like this?

Either Ebay or Paypal (one in the same) should be doing something about it. I know you mentioned that their ebay account was stolen and used...that commonly happens, however...how was paypal used? If you steal a ebay account, you dont have access to a paypal account. So they would have to have a account for you to send money to. So, lets say they did get their Paypal...i doubt it, but humor me a moment. Now that they have that person's Paypal, how do you get the money from their account to their hands? Did they transfer it to a bank account...if so you have a chance of finding out who they are. Did they send a check printed from paypal? Who was it made out to and where was it sent. This is stuff you should be asking Paypal and Ebay..

I dunno if i can believe or not, things do happen, you havent responded to people here. ...However people get screwed on ebay all the time. I however have never got scammed on ebay in my 9 years of having a account.

If you are trying to scam us out of money or gear, then SHAME on you. Playing the harmless victim in all this is the worst thing you can do.

However, if this really happened..i would get on the ball and file some complaints with ebay and paypal. Also, get in touch with your police department (as anything over 500$ is grand theft) and talk to them. See if you have some options...they might point you to the department to where the person lives...get on that and see if you can get the info from ebay or paypal.

bad luck i guess....
round here where i'm from 750 dollars is about £375 that could've got you something decent even if it was second hand...

as someone said, don't buy photographic equipment from ebay

Most reactions

New Topics

Back