STS 114 Discovery

Allen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On Wednesday NASA scrubbed the launch of the Discovery Space Shuttle, due to a fault in a fuel sensor. The Shuttle may go for launch towards the end of the week, but that is looking dubious and the launch may be postponed until September. These are some of the images I was able to get, the obvious money shot is missing. It is my hope that the mission will continue to be delayed until September, when I will have a chance to return.
--A

KenCockwell.jpg

Ken Cockell, the launch clock and STS 114 in the background

STS114_II.jpg

Discovery on the pad. The temperature was unbelievable, around 120º in the parking lot. You can see the heat waves rising off the pond in this image.

STS114_IV.jpg

The Vehicle Assembly building and a sea of press satellite dishes.

Cameraman.jpg

A cameramen during one of the frequent showers we had on Wednesday.

STS114_III.jpg

The crew returning from the scrubbed launch.

PressRoom.jpg

The Press Room

STS114_I.jpg

A final shot of Discovery.

Nice work on these shots, don't you hate when a shot just doesnt come through even though its right in front of you! I was fishing last week and had this amazing shot of the sunset with the reflection on the water and a set of ducklings following their mom with a wide angle on. I shot it and realized I had b&w film in the camera, /BONK! Anyhow very nice shots, hopefully you will get an ignition this week and can send us the only shot missing. Good luck!

John,
There are public viewing areas, but to get where I was one needs press credentials. It's not too hard to get them if you are an American citizen. They make the foreign press jump through a bunch of hoops though.
Thanks Guys,
--A

Most reactions

Back