Stuck in the city during a brutal Canadian winter....oh how I am blessed!

Loved the pier with boots!!!!!!!! Nominated for POTM

Each one of these is a jaw dropper. Very nice work!

Dusk at Balmy Beach is my favorite. Love the soft glow it gives.

Very good and interesting pictures!

Yes, you are blessed since you were able to create these photographs. (And you live in Canada where there's lots of hockey says the hockey fan!)

I particularly like the one in B&W, it looks miniature in size. Stunning series.

It's been mind numbing cold here in Toronto for the last couple weeks, as it has elsewhere. Truth be told I absolutely LOVE when it gets incredibly cold because of the image opportunities it creates. Though I live in a metropolis of 6+ million people, I live walking distance from the shores of one of the Great Lakes which is wondrously transformed when it gets ravaged by Ole Man Winter. Here is a sample of a few of the images I've taken while wearing 2 pairs of sock, long johns and two winter coats.
And here is a link to a gallery of more: Search: 2019polarvortex | Flickr

NOTE - clicking on an image will show a larger version.

Stay warm my friends. Pray for more chilling temperatures and embrace winter!

Icy lily paddies forming in Lake Ontario under the polar vortex - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr
Centre Island pier and the polar vortex by Phil Marion, on Flickr
Frozen in time - Lake Ontario [1 minute long exposure] by Phil Marion, on Flickr
Natural ice sculptures - Ashbriges Bay by Phil Marion, on Flickr
Patterns of Kew Beach by Phil Marion, on Flickr
Dusk at Balmy Beach - Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr
Fun at the beach...in February - Woodbine, Kew and Balmy Beaches in Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr
Each one is great!

Love the layers of rock, that's another nice one.

Love your work. I live near Lake Ontario on the US side. I am kicking myself because all the snowstorms and really cold mornings occurred when I had to rush to work or were otherwise busy! Or some other excuse. Lol. Not that anything I took would be as great as yours.

Brrrr! Really like the pier, frozen in time, and the natural ice sculptures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back