A few from frigid Canada

Philmar

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been enjoying the miserable cold here because of it's transformative effect on the landscape - and the fact the sun rises so late and there's no people getting in the way of my shots! All taken in the last month-ish..and unbelievably all taken with a mile of my house in Toronto a netropolis of 6+ million people

Lake Ontario looking like a frozen Dante's inferno by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Powerful waves of Lake Ontario pummel the Balmy Beach jetty - Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

"Algoma Discovery" in Toronto's wintery harbour by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Windy day at the beach by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Yours truly watching the sea smoke on top of frigid Lake Ontario by Phil Marion, on Flickr

long exposure of an icy Lake Ontario breakwall by Phil Marion, on Flickr

These are great! Your photos are consistently well done.

Of these I love the first one best. Really interesting.

Last edited:
Great collections of images. You had captured all the photos very precisely. A man standing between the lake is just an amazing shot.

Been enjoying the miserable cold here because of it's transformative effect on the landscape - and the fact the sun rises so late and there's no people getting in the way of my shots! All taken in the last month-ish..and unbelievably all taken with a mile of my house in Toronto a netropolis of 6+ million people

Lake Ontario looking like a frozen Dante's inferno by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Powerful waves of Lake Ontario pummel the Balmy Beach jetty - Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

"Algoma Discovery" in Toronto's wintery harbour by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Windy day at the beach by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Yours truly watching the sea smoke on top of frigid Lake Ontario by Phil Marion, on Flickr

long exposure of an icy Lake Ontario breakwall by Phil Marion, on Flickr
Great set.

Love #1 & #2.

TBH, all your stuff is well done. Good stuff - really enjoy your work.

I give you much credit going out to get those great shots .... but Spring is here now!!! :bouncingsmileys:

Amazing talent.

These are stellar! They are all good, but the first one is a real standout for me. The B&W is perfect to capture how barren the winter looks here. I agree with your comment; funny how we can manage to get ourselves into places that look devoid of humanity, when we're so close to millions!

Great work!

Fantastic set of images, the first image is really a fantastic shot.

Great collections of images. You had captured all the photos very precisely. A man standing between the lake is just an amazing shot.

Actually that is a self-portrait. Used a tripod and 10 second delay - it took a few tries as I was not able to wander out there on the ice in time. Was wearing 2 pairs of long johns and 2 winter coats.

Enjoyed each and every image.

loved your photos of winter in canada.. i am right across the pond and it still looks cold here..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back