Stuie Wants a Brand New Bag

astrostu

I shoot for the stars
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have an old Lowepro shoulder bag I bought back probably a decade ago as I was JUST getting started with P&S stuff. No idea on the model; its exterior dimensions are ~10.5-11" by 8" by 8". A clasp or two have broken, and it's too small as a "travel" bag to really hold a body, 2 lenses, and a flash.

I already have a large Lowepro backpack I use for "all" my gear when I'm traveling just for photos. But I want a bag that I can bring on a plane (or fit in a suitcase) that will hold camera stuff for trips where photography is not the main thing. Like, say, in 5 days when I head to Michigan to meet my bf's mom and then 3 days later to Ohio for my family's Thanksgiving and going to a museum and greenhouse or three. Just something I can put on my shoulder that'll hold a body, 2 lenses, a flash, and some other stuff (e.g. maybe a P&S, cell phone, wallet, etc.).

I was all set to get the Lowepro Nova 200 AW. Only $72 on Amazon (and B&H and Adorama). But then I saw that its dimensions are 15"x9"x10" (exterior). Which is very roughly 2 times the volume of my current bag. (Yes, I recognize that usable space will be less, but still, that's significnatly larger.) So now I'm looking at the 190 instead, which is 13x9x9" (exterior).

They bill the 190 as able to hold an SLR with small attached lens plus 3-4 additional, but don't specifically list a 70-200mm f/2.8. Meanwhile, the 200 is billed as the same except states 1-2 pro bodies. But then, I can "fit" my 70-200mm f/2.8L into my current bag 'cause the top stretches a bit.

I'm probably stressing over nothing and should go with the 190, but I thought I'd post here for advice and see what folkses thought ('cause "folks" is now singular according to me, apparently).

I have this. It holds A LOT, for as thin and "stowable" as it is. Domke F-802 Reporter's Canvas Satchel Camera Bag, Black 70182B

As the ad copy says, "Is it a briefcase, camera bag, or laptop computer bag? With its flexible main compartment, enormous cargo pockets, and zippered pouches, the F-802 is all this and more. Many photographers who work out of Domke Camera Bags find this Satchel an indispensable accessory."

Hmm, yeah, don't need something that large :). If I did, I'd just use my backpack.

Most reactions

Back