What's new

Stump

Treymac

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Location
Vancouver, BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was experimenting with close photography and I took a shot of a stump which turned out nice. The sky was blown out though. In a shot like this, is there any way to get the sky in? Thanks.

P1030355.jpg
 
I guess one way you could include the sky would be an hdr. I think, atleast, I haven't experimented with them much. Plus I think this in hdr would look cool.
 
maybe with a Neutral Density filter? (I could be wrong... anyone with more knowlege will correct me here I hope :D). Get a ND filter that is half ND and half normal and then put the ND part where the sky is. I could be totaly wrong on this one tho.... I think there might be something with the appture and your speed too that you might be able to do... but I am not recalling what that is. I could be wrong on that one too... the idea is a cool one tho...

I say crop out the overexposed part and for fun put in a fake sky. Burn in the corner of the stump that is slightly exxposed and possibly go B+W. Those are my thoughts :D.
 
You could take 2 shots, one exposed for the tree, one for the sky, and combine them in post.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom