STUPID LAB!!!!

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
They call themselves a PHOTO LAB and they don't even have a computer that has a program so you can choose HOW you want your photo cropped!!! :banghead:

Seriously... I go to Wolf Camera with a CD con dos fotos on it... and I even make them RGB instead of CMYK b/c it's the only thing that the computer can read...

So... I go to have them printed and they are wide photos that need to be printed on a 8x10 piece of paper.(white space on top and bottom) The computer automatically decides that my photo needs to be cropped from the sides of the photo so it can fit on the 8x10 paper... :confused:

I asked him if he had a computer that has ANY photo editing software on it... he answers "no, they don't let us have any of that" and "it's much too time consuming"

WTF!!!!

so... after I go next door to the HEB cheapo lab and find out that they have the SAME MACHINE Wolf does.... I got really ****ed. lol

So, I had to go to a friend's photography lab and have my stuff printed there... He mounted them for me and had me on my way... such a nice guy. (even though we could only use an inkjet printer)

The photos were for a friend for her B-Day... so he only charged me $10.

Sorry... had to rant. :meh:

That's why I use mpix.com :mrgreen:

yep. I have exactly the same problem here.

I get around it by extending the white canvas around my photo to match the 'normal' photo sizes at the lab.

Meysha said:
yep. I have exactly the same problem here.

I get around it by extending the white canvas around my photo to match the 'normal' photo sizes at the lab.
I would have done that if I would have known! lol

but since they didn't have any photo editing software on their computers there was nothing I could do... :p

It’s odd they did not have a self-sever digital kiosk with editing software, most min-lab around me have them, so you can crop your prints as you like

I had a batch printed up for a show that I did, and the first lot came out like that. Luckily the store I went too doesn't charge unless it's waht you wanted.

So they redid them all properly. Still had a mild heart attack when I went to pick them up Friday afternoon so I could frame them ready for the Saturday show. When they were wrong they said I had to wait till noon the next day. Bah...still worked out.

i have a pro lab just 5 min walk from my place, but the prices are high ... but the quality is stunning. So whenever I need just previews I go to the cheap lab, but whenever I have a print done for a photo contest or exhibition i print in the better one :D

wow mentos. I expected that the pro labs would be expensive. But an 8x10 is 1/3 of the price of the department store where I work...

Nice quality and they came back saying (c) Alecia Scott

that was cool. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back