Stupid Question...

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I have a question and it's stupid b/c of the story behind it. I got some new ink for my printer, and when I opened it, it busted all over my hands and now they are stained blue :lol: It's not as bad as it sounds, they aren't covered or anything, just pretty blue. I tried using Goop (hand cleaning stuff) to get it off but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions??? I could only hope to have it off by tonight, b/c I work scorekeeping at the YMCA and the coaches are gonna give me crap when I take they seem my blue hands filling out their lineups :lol:

Alcohol or white spirit and LOTS of rubbing. It'll come off, just takes a while. It's soaked into your skin. Oh, and if you're worried about dry hands you'll want to put on some hand cream afterwards. It'll take all of the oil out of your skin.

turpentine, acetone(fingernail polish remover).

works wonders. and use something abrasive, like a pummice stone.

Thanks guys! I tried the alcohol but no luck...Didn't have any fingerail polish remover or turpentine either...but my dad (used to work in a printshop) finally got home and went and go some stuff that takes ink out well. Orange something or another, has small bits of pummice in it and came with a scrubber...so I was able to get most of it off.

I've learned my lesson, when it says push way to do that until you set it in the printer :lol:

Ooo, I forgot about that kind of stuff. It's been ages since I've had my hands greasey enough to need it. *remembers the one which smells of marzipan :drool: *

Oh, and UV wash could work to. But they tell you not to put your hands in that... :oops:

ferny what is UV wash? ive heard that name before...

acetone really isnt safe for hands in large amounts over an extended period of time, but it really does the trick for a one off situation.

Roller and blanket wash for use with UV inks used in the printing industry. I won't pretend to know anything about it. Apparently the old stuff used to eat through rubber gloves, hence it being a bad idea to use it on your hands. Again... :oops: Stuff like that doesn't bother me at the moment.

if you're bored
http://www.signindustry.com/screen/articles/2003-07-11-BS-UVorNotUV.php3

Oh, I think it's a term used with UV lights as well. Just like you'd "wash" a subject with tungsten light you wan "wash" them with UV light. You just need a big lamp. UV photography is great, if you're careful.

MDowdey said:
acetone really isnt safe for hands in large amounts over an extended period of time, but it really does the trick for a one off situation.

Yeah, it gets everything off your hands - even layers of dead skin! :shock:

I was using it to get Fibreglass Resin off my hands a while back when I was working for a friend, we were building a bodykit for a show car and I had itchy hands for weeks after.

Xmetal said:
Yeah, it gets everything off your hands - even layers of dead skin! :shock:

I was using it to get Fibreglass Resin off my hands a while back when I was working for a friend, we were building a bodykit for a show car and I had itchy hands for weeks after.

yeah ive heard of people getting cancer from it..but that was being exposed over years and years.

now MEK on the other hand will start to cut off oxygen to the brain.

methyl ethyl ketone is bad ass stuff. stay away...

:lol: I actually considering it...but then I feared I would get a bad nickname...smurf or something :lol:

eromallagadnama said:
:lol: I actually considering it...but then I feared I would get a bad nickname...smurf or something :lol:

Smurfs are KEWL!!! Makes me think of all of those airplane bathroom tragedies. Everything always comes out blue when fishing around in those toilets...minty fresh. OH!!! BTW...there was a guy in my highschool who was caught in shop class using go-jo to pleasure himself. And you thought you could get a bad nick name with blue hands...that dude quit school after the names folks had dubbed him.

mygrain said:
Smurfs are KEWL!!! Makes me think of all of those airplane bathroom tragedies. Everything always comes out blue when fishing around in those toilets...minty fresh. OH!!! BTW...there was a guy in my highschool who was caught in shop class using go-jo to pleasure himself. And you thought you could get a bad nick name with blue hands...that dude quit school after the names folks had dubbed him.

:lol: I can always count on you for some random freak story to make me feel not so dumb :lol: Although that is quite disgusting :lol:

Most reactions

Back