Subtle Differences - Debate

SCHNOOBS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I understand that the new Nikon D700 is an updated model of the D300 that was released in 2007, however the specs and capabilities of the two camera's are similar though complaringly different. I have found that there are few differences between the two nikon's such as the D700 has less megapixals than the D300. same cmos card but the D700's sensor is modified somewhat.

Now with these subtle differences between these two camera's, I find that there is no reason to purchase the new D700 ($2,999 b&h) for about twice the asking price of the D300 ($1,600 b&h).
All in a name?

I understand that the new Nikon D700 is an updated model of the D300 that was released in 2007, however the specs and capabilities of the two camera's are similar though complaringly different. I have found that there are few differences between the two nikon's such as the D700 has less megapixals than the D300. same cmos card but the D700's sensor is modified somewhat.

Now with these subtle differences between these two camera's, I find that there is no reason to purchase the new D700 ($2,999 b&h) for about twice the asking price of the D300 ($1,600 b&h).
All in a name?

There is a major difference between the 2 cameras. The D700 has a full frame sesnor (24x36mm) whereas the D300 as a smaller APS-c sized sensor (approximately 24x16mm).

There is a major difference between the 2 cameras. The D700 has a full frame sesnor (24x36mm) whereas the D300 as a smaller APS-c sized sensor (approximately 24x16mm).

alright, I must have missed that, that would explain the price difference! I'm a genious.

modified somewhat.... That is gold :lmao:

Actually a similar thing could be said about the D3, where the similarities are incredible enough for me to never consider the D3. Mind you I'll just assume that Nikon know what they are doing :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back