Suburban Whitetails

SpenserEller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello. I'm starting to take photography a bit more seriously than I have in the past and any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
IMG_2668.jpg
IMG_2624.jpg
IMG_3505.jpg
IMG_3503.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

So nice. Whitetail deer have done well co-existing w/ humans. #2 is excellent. How close and what lens and camera? I wish they were around our place so I can photograph.

So nice. Whitetail deer have done well co-existing w/ humans. #2 is excellent. How close and what lens and camera? I wish they were around our place so I can photograph.
Thank you for the kind words. #2 is my favorite as well. I'm currently using a Canon Powershot SX60HS. I was probably 15ish yards from her and zoomed to 247mm.

The buck sure looks very thin. Do you have CWD at your location?

Could be just the rut is at its height and he’s worn out fighting off rivals.
That would be my guess too. I'm in a suburb of Detroit and most of the CWD cases are more towards the center of the state. The Michigan DNR seems to manage for the size of the herd, rather than for larger deer and Michigan has one of the largest concentrations of hunters in the country and not many of them are trophy hunters. So the result is we have a large number of deer, but the bucks don't usually get very big.

You are lucky to have these close. We have Roe Deer around out area but have to travel a bit to get to the bigger, more majestic reds.

Well, there are some semi domesticated/farmed ones but they don't count as wild.

Most reactions

Back