Suggestions for a super wide angle zoom

davebmck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going on vacation in about a month and I'm thinking of buying a super wide angle zoom. Something like a 10-20mm. Do any of you have suggestions for well regarded one?

the sigma 10-20mm is an awesome lens. Thats what i bought. There is also a tokina 12-24 f/4 lens which has very good reviews but isnt quite as wide. This may or may not make a difference to you though. But those are the two lenses that people are going to suggest to you. Its up to you to decide which is best. Dont let the constant aperture of the tokina make up your mind though. I barely EVER use my 10-20 at the 20mm end and its so wide that small shakes dont really show up as much as on a longer lens.

I have the Tokina 12-24 f/4 and love it. Have heard a lot of great things as mentioned about the sigma 10-20 too. about a $20 difference at Adorama. Tokina is coming out with an 11-16mm f/2.8 but its not due out until june and around $570. I like the Tokina. bulit great and great IQ. compared to the nikon version its a no brainer saving $400+... tried them both and bought the Tokina.

I'd just buy the Canon EF-S 10-22mm. Great lens and very low distortion. I'm partial to needing f/2.8 for available light photography, so I have that Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 that CRman mentioned on order.

Thanks Guys, I'll check those out.

The 10-20m Sigma is excellent:

It gives a nice warm feel to it and is very wide.

I'm wanting the Sigma 10-20 so bad after seeing some pics lately with it. I love the perspective from that lens and some incredible landscape photo's from that glass. I just wish I wasn't so broke.

After reading 60 reviews tonight on the Sigma and Tokina I believe I am going for the Sigma 10-20. Both get great reviews, but they are close in quality and the extra 2mm on the Sigma is a bonus.

I haven't been disappointed with my Sigma lenses. You don't think you need that extra 2mm on the wide end until the first time you need it, if you know what I mean.

I've had good luck with Sigma also. I have their 10-20 and 50-150 f2.8, both are excellent! The 10-20 is a lot of fun, I love using it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back