What's new

Wide angle lens for a D750???

So, I bought 2 lenses. An 18-35mm for the D750 and a 10-20mm for the D7500. I just haven’t been able to use either one. My MIL fell and broke her hip and we’re 3 surgeries in now, no time to get out and shoot. We had to move our trip around and shorten it by a week.
 
I think I’ll be bringing the D750 with the 18-35mm, 28-300mm and a 50mm 1.8.
 
I love my 20 f/2.8 D lens. Very sharp, much smaller, lighter, and cheaper than the f/1.8 G version.
 
A little update. I ended up taking the 18-35mm, 28-300mm and 50mm to Italy last fall. The 50mm never came out of the bag and the 28-300mm spent 90% of its time on the camera. The 18-35mm worked out very well.

I have decided to sell my D7100 and D7500 and all of my DX lenses to help fund a Z5ii and FTZii adapter. I’ll keep my FX F mount lenses and the D750 and add Z glass as I can.

I bought the Nikon 20mm G lens after getting back from Italy, but I don’t seem to use it very often. I might sell it for a Z prime lens.
 
I recently purchased a Nikon D750 and paired it with the Nikon 28-300mm lens. So far I love the camera and lens and it will be a great travel setup. However, what do you think the best option for a wide angle lens for travel would be? I am seriously eyeballing a Nikon 20mm f1.8G. Is 20mm wide enough or should I go wider?

I will be shooting streets, people, landscapes and inside of churches on our next trip.
Everything good---buy the prime, it's a good one. Use mine a lot.
 
Well, I ended up not getting a Z5ii and picked up a lightly used D500. Shortly after that, I put my cameras away and haven't touched them since. Aging parents have taken up all of our time lately. My FIL just passed and my Mom is now in assisted living and doing better. I have decided to retire in September and will have more time to devote myself to my hobbies. We are headed to Paris and Bruges in the fall and may extend our trip a few more days and go into Germany.
 
Looks like you already bought your leses. But I will add I love my Tokina 11-16 for crop bodies. Only issue is it's a heavy lens. Feels like Nikon f/2.8 glass. For full frame I have the Nikon 14-24 f/2.8. Again large and heavy for travel.

I just recently bought a Z8 and initially planned to use a lot of my Nikon F mount lenses with a FTZii. But also ended up buying Tamrons f/2.8 G2 lenses. 16-30, 28-75, and 70-180. Just because they are smaller and lighter than the older F glass (and almost 1/3 the price of new fast Z glass).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom