Suggestions for Camera bag? (5 lenses, 1 body, 2 speedlights, 1 laptop)

Michiyo-Fir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are you guys' favorite go to backpacks?

I'm looking for something that will fit all of this

D800
70-200 2.8
24-70 2.8
50 1.4
90 2.8
10-17 fisheye
SB 600
SB 700
13 inch macbook pro

Suggestions? I see crumpler has a few that'll hold all that plus a water bottle and some other stuff like notepads and random accessories but from the pictures, the bags are absolutely humongous. I'm a 5'6 girl, I feel like I'd look like a fool with a backpack half the size of me. Especially for general walking around town...

"General walking around town" wouldn't include all that gear. It's gonna get heavy in a hurry unless it's in a backpack where you can get even distribution and support for the load across your shoulders and waist.

I use several bags, each with a different purpose in mind, depending on what I want to do and the gear I think I'll need to do it. For loads like you want to stuff in at once, I use my Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II full size backpack.

Lowepro-AWII.jpg

Buck_backpack_DSC00647.jpg

Buck_tripod_DSC00759.jpg

For "walking around town", I use much smaller bags, straps, or a holster system I'm VERY fond of from ThinkTank.

Ape case. Got mine from Walmart.com fits almost everything I have. 5 lenses, digital body, 2 film cameras, and MacBook.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

I'm with Buckster, that's too much gear for a "walking around town" bag. That said, my Think Tank StreetWalker HD holds that much gear and I absolutely love it. I have a LowePro Slingshot 202 AW as my general walking around bag.

Most reactions

Back