Suggestions for my first paid photo shoot

cestlefun17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So a co-worker asked if I'd like to take some family pictures for her and offered to pay. I suggested $50 plus the cost of film, developing, and prints. She agreed, but I want to confirm that this is a fair price.

She wants me to do one roll in black-and-white (I'll probably be using Fujifilm Neopan ISO 100) and one in color. I am thinking of using Fujifilm Astia ISO 100, but am also researching Provia. What are your suggestions?

The pictures will be taken in a park.

Thanks.

If it works for you, then it's fair. I wouldn't do it for that price, but that's me. Assuming that you are friendly with this co-worker (and not knowing your level of experience / technical skill) I would suggest rather than a firm price, offer to do it for the cost of materials "Plus whatever she feels is appropriate". This will hopefully reduce a bit of the pressure on both sides.

For B&W film, I still don't believe you can beat Ilford.

So a co-worker asked if I'd like to take some family pictures for her and offered to pay. I suggested $50 plus the cost of film, developing, and prints. She agreed, but I want to confirm that this is a fair price.

Thanks.

People spend more money on lunch each week, and usually complain about it...but go back to the same place and order from week to week. Hint, Hint!!

If you do a lousy job, exclude the cost other than material.
If you do a decent job to good job, charge her.

I would tell her...wouldn't you rather pay me, a friend, instead of a stranger?;)

Right...after I develop the film I can scan it before ordering prints. If she doesn't like what I did, then she won't have to pay (she won't get the negatives of course). If she does like it, wonderful.

She wants me to do one roll in black-and-white (I'll probably be using Fujifilm Neopan ISO 100) and one in color. I am thinking of using Fujifilm Astia ISO 100, but am also researching Provia. What are your suggestions?

The pictures will be taken in a park.

Thanks.

I would use color negative film for all of it and have it scanned. Fuji 160 professional color neg would be great, or Reala. I would not use B&W film or slide film at all.

Why do you say that? I love the look of color slide and black and white film.

Most reactions

Back