Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I purchased a relatively standard cleaning kit for my canon lens. Kit includes:

♦ 1) Canon Optical Lens Cleaning Kit
♦ 2) Lenspen Lens Cleaning System
♦ 3) Precision Design Deluxe Hurricane Blower
♦ 4) Precision Design Microfiber Lens Cloth with Neoprene Pouch

Lens is EF 24-105mm f/4 L.

Now this may sound pretty stupid, but I'd feel even stupider if I were to do something that would harm my lens. Should a lens be cleaned only so often? Should you only use part of the kit for routine cleaning? Should I not use the lens cloth for the lens when I have the other items in the kit (i.e. save the lens cloth for the LCD and not use it for both it and the lens?).

If this tutorial already exists please let me know (link would be great). I did a short search for it and did not find a good tutorial.

Thanks,
E

Also, while I'm on the topic...

I was taking pictures at a Mardi Gras parade Saturday, and I feel like an idiot after allowing this to happen, but a set beads came flying my way without my seeing them before they hit my camera. I don't know if they hit the lens or not (should have had the hood or a filter on).

If I can't see a scratch on the lens with my own eyes is it safe to assume the lens was not damaged?

It sounds like the lens is fine, if you don't see any scratches my guess it's fine. Your right, it's a good idea to use a hood. If you get a filter use a high quality multi-coated one(cheap ones wil flahre/ghost more, sometimes degrade the IQ).

I would use the blower for blowing off dust, if that doesn't do the job then the lens pen. I always use any type of solutions as the last thing, and the clean only marks neccessay and wipe with the microfiber.

If you ever feel the need to clean the microfiber cloth, wash by hand, rinse clean. I you put in wash make sure it rinses free of all soap and don't use fabric softener in the dryer (if it rubs against the cloth often enough you could have residue in the cloth - just something I read once).

I almost always just need the blower and sometimes the pen.

Thanks...appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back