Sulfur Springs Conservation Area Wildlife

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hubby and I stopped off at Sulfur Springs Conservation Area for the first time this evening. We will definitely be back! There wasn't much time before I lost my light but here are a couple shots that I processed tonight :)
C&C always welcome.

This young one was grazing alone.

Deer by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Deer by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Deer Raspberry by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

I like the motion in this one but wish there was a bit more light on his face/head and wings.

Mallard Flying by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Canada Goose by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

MUST go back when the light is better to get more shots of the fish.

Trout by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Friendly bump since I posted so late last night :)

See, now that we've seen what you are capable of with your other bird shots, these ones, although they are good, don't quite compare with what we know you can do. No pressure though :)

Nice shots regardless, I like the first deer shot and the mallard. I've never heard of Sulphur Springs - whereabouts is it?

Thank you for the gentle kick in the butt Blacksheep, I appreciate it. I keep telling myself to wait until the next day to post shots but didn't do that this time.
Sulfur springs is just outside Hanover just east of Carlsrhue.

Your sure have some really interesting places to shoot where you live. Out of the 3 Deer pictures, #3 is the best of the lot. That twig in #1 hurts the composition, while in #3 you nailed it. Picture 2 you clipped the ears just a bit. I really like both Mallard shots, especially the flying one, as there is just enough movement in the wings to show motion. The water reflections in the other picture really helps to frame the Mallard. As for the Rainbow Trout, that shallow water sure is clear.

Thank you for the gentle kick in the butt Blacksheep, I appreciate it. I keep telling myself to wait until the next day to post shots but didn't do that this time.

Germany ?

Nah, I was just teasing you. I enjoy seeing all of your photos when you post them :)
Thanks for the info on Sulfur Springs, I'm gonna check it out next time I'm up in the area!

Your sure have some really interesting places to shoot where you live. Out of the 3 Deer pictures, #3 is the best of the lot. That twig in #1 hurts the composition, while in #3 you nailed it. Picture 2 you clipped the ears just a bit. I really like both Mallard shots, especially the flying one, as there is just enough movement in the wings to show motion. The water reflections in the other picture really helps to frame the Mallard. As for the Rainbow Trout, that shallow water sure is clear.
Thanks Joel :) Yes we are very lucky to live here. We moved from the city about 9 years ago and to this piece of land in November.

Germany ?
Hey JPC, no we are in Grey/Bruce County Ontario Canada, this area had a lot of German settlers and many of the towns have German names.

Nah, I was just teasing you. I enjoy seeing all of your photos when you post them :)
Thanks for the info on Sulfur Springs, I'm gonna check it out next time I'm up in the area!
Teehee thanks BlackSheep :) and you are quite welcome! It isn't a big place and it also has a "bird sanctuary". They are all in small pens which was quite sad to see :( I'm interested to see if they are moved etc.. now that winter is over. There are peacocks and many unique pheasants.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back