Summer storms on the Alberta Prairies

WesternGuy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The thing I like about living on the prairies of Western Canada, is the summer storms that get generated by the atmospheric conditions between the prairies and the mountains. They can be vicious as one earlier this summer cause hundreds of millions of dollars of damage to cars and houses in the northeastern part of my city as well as incredible damage to crops on the farmlands which it passed over on its way across the province. They can also include tornadoes - mostly EF0 or EF1. This picture is not that storm, but is one of similar hostility that I took from quite a safe distance from it - estimate 10-15 km from the storm.

WesternGuy

20200713-_Y8A7836_HDR-2.jpg

Great image. And nicely composed. I definitely get the feeling of the storm moving along. It's amazing how focal they can be.

Wow, that looks some hellish weather coming there. Very powerful shot indeed.

Cool shot, I really miss thunder storms.

Wow!! Nice shot! I can feel the power.

Having lived in the Oklahoma City area for many years, I can really appreciate this photo. Very nicely done.

Having lived in the Oklahoma City area for many years, I can really appreciate this photo. Very nicely done.
Very dramatic sky......
Great image. And nicely composed. I definitely get the feeling of the storm moving along. It's amazing how focal they can be.
Wow, that looks some hellish weather coming there. Very powerful shot indeed.

Thanks guys. Glad you liked the image.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
Wow! Great shot. Is this Alberta?

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back