SUMMER TIME C&C

anything you synth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
wheattrees.jpg

smokes.jpg

1. good idea, but the sky seems rather boring and there isn't much of interest in the foreground (unless, of course that's the effect you want)

2. also, the sky seems kind of boring, maybe a horizontal layout would focus more on the smokestacks?

just my 2 cents :D
-Paul

EDIT:
going back at dusk or dawn would add a lot more interesting color to these photos, making them stand out much more

The problem with #1 is that it's one of those shots that looked amazing when you were standing there because there's so much emptiness and space. It's hard to show that on film.

#2 could use more color, Phogan is right.

Also, they both seem a little blurry.

Oooh having grown up 5 minutes from the country and always longing to live in the country on a huge piece of land with horses and tractors and trucks, I LOVE #1!! What about a lens flare coming from the upper right hand corner?? And #2 Is verry cool but there is too much sky....horizontal would've been better!!

Agreed; I like the second crop by KmH. Personally, I like the washed-out colour. I feel that more colour threatens to actually detract from the scene; has a nice down, mellow, hazy, industrial appeal to it.

Cutting out all that empty sky is really what makes it work though.

Most reactions

Back