Summer Weddings, Engagements and blog love

:lol: Awesome responses from your friend.

All but one wrong answer? I don't know what you mean?

I asked the questions because, as I said, if you were just picking those spaces because (say) "you thought they looked cool!" or something, then that would concern me a little... because the spaces are not traditional, and because they do not seem to me to carry messages one would typically want associated with their marriage/love/etc.

Note... I stressed seem to me... So that's my opinion, and my take only.

Your response was informed and you clearly have thought about your position and made a decision on what you do and do not do. As I said, I respect that.

You'll note that at no point in this am I making judgement statements for good or bad, here... as I said... the only time I would have done that is if you had said "I dunno..." or "they just look cool!" Even then, however, who am I to say? As I say... I don't do what you do, and people pay you for what you do... I'm just some random internet idiot...right?

Honestly, I'm surprised you're dwelling on my comment this much.

Okay, I respect that manaheim. I am not going to lie.. bit curious as to why you throw out things to consider when it really has no benefit to anyone reading it if there is all but one wrong answer? Anywho.

To humour you all I posed this as a question to a friend of mine and here are his responses (which made my day).

For example... cute couple being all cutesy... in a run down dirty horse barn. That's probably what they asked for, but what does it say?

Couple kissing in a building falling apart... what does that say?

Couple standing in a sorta-scary corroding tunnel tihng... what does that say?

One person in focus, one person not... is one person more important than the other? Why? What does that say?

Woman with eyes closed as her lover moves in for a kiss, vs. eyes open... what does that say?

Three people with severed heads visible only on the coffee table??? What does that say?

1) Love thru poverty...
2) Love even when it falls apart
3) Even when running from the police and hiding from the CIA in a dark tunnel there is still time for a kiss?
4)uh the bride is more important and the groom would like to hide the fact that he looks like he is about to faint...
5) Eyes open would be creepy...
6) Its a very morbid game of cups: you have to try and figure out where the brain is...

There ya go. Another set of answers.. with a much more tongue in cheek response.

Anywho. Friendly bump :)

Wow, just wow, you're 20 and that good, wow !!!!!!

#21 is my fav! fun and colourful GREAT! =D

Brittany, I think you're flippin' awesome. I adore the severed limbs, 'inappropriate' locations, one subject taking precedence over another, etc, etc, etc. You are such an inspiration, especially to younger photographers! Just putting it out there, if you're ever in Saskatoon I'll be the first in line to help you haul around our bags and see how it's done! Thanks for sharing!

I have been pro for longer than you have been alive, trust me (I'm a doctor) when I say you have one hell of a future in this business ahead of you, should you decide to take the pro shooter road.
I keep telling her that...but noooo...She's going to university to be a doctor or a rocket surgeon (something like that). :lol:

Fantastic work Brittany, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

I don't think we can set ourselves apart from our competition by doing exactly what all the other photographers are doing.

SUPER, STUNNING, SHARP, CREATIVE!!

Fantastic work!!!!!!!

Thanks for giving us a peek!

Aw thanks everyone :)

JCleveland - can't say I head to Saskatchewan too often and haven't had any inquiries from there (seeing as Saskatchewan is reeking with talent from Red Leaf Studios ;) ) but if I do I will contact ya.. if you are ever out in Alberta do the same :) you could come and second shoot a session with me :)

Amazing work, Brittany! Your work is better than most established pros that I look at. You images have so much vitality, energy, depth and sense of story to them.

great photos. did you use a tilt shift on a few of those?

ex:
child having hair done versus the other side?

Thanks everyone! :)
CustomMinds yes I used a 45mm TS on some of these including the one with the girl getting ready.

Brittany, awesome work. I enjoy every single one of them.
Very inspiring!:thumbup:

Stupid good! You are one of the few photographers I would pay to shoot my family.

I always smile when I see a post from you, as I know there is something fabulous inside.

Thanks for never letting me down!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back