Summit of Goat Fell, Isle of Arran, Scotland.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Here's some shots i had taken from yesterdays outing. Landscape photography isn't really my thing although i just thought i'd pop over the water to Arran as i hadn't been there since i was a kid.. it's more beautiful than i remembered - such a nice place.

bw7-7.jpg

bw7-6.jpg

bw7-5.jpg

bw7-10.jpg

bw7-11.jpg

bw7-13.jpg

bw7-14.jpg

8. Not from the summit.
bw7-26.jpg

As i said landscapes haven't really been my thing but i'm still eager for some C&C to improve anyway.

Thanks.

Landscapes may not be your thing, but that would be hard to judge from these. Very nice.

C&C per req:
1, 2: Very nice, good exposure and composition, however the foreground is a little distracting. Generally for these types of images you try and give the impression you were hovering in space. Just looking at them, I can see a nice boulder, slightly higher than the rest which might have given you the perfect perspective.
3. Too much foreground for my taste.
4. As per 1,2
5. Nice, except for the black area lower right. perhaps crop to remove?
6. Nice
7. Neat composition, but the white on the gull's head is blown.
8. A little over-contrasty, and one I think may have been better executed in colour.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

Thanks for your input once again.

I agree with there being a little too much foreground. I've tried landscapes before and had little or no foreground and they just didn't do much for me so i thought i'd try a different approach this time.

Yup, the seagulls head is blown out completely lol, i think he was just feeling a little 'light' headed at those heights.

the foreground in all of them appears a bit dark... but that might just be my laptop screen i am currently using.

#2 and #7 are keepers. they have a main subject, embedded nicely. however the horizon appears a bit tilted on #2.

the others are not that special, they lack points of interest IMHO. The last one is really boring. I am not saying shots like the last one do not occur in my collection, I know how they happen when you are out there and just think every perspective is great ;) But I always slap my own face when I get home and find those images in the day's catch ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back