Summit Valley

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
400-1494.jpg

-

oh woah look at the clouds, and the colors :clap: heh i dont see many landscapes taken like this.... nice

Very nice.

Did you change your workflow? The colors look much more vibrant, like what you said you were trying to achieve a few weeks ago.

Thanks everbody!

Woodsac; working with RAW. Don't have to push so colors so hard and virtually eliminates problems I've had with haloing.

Well, I also finally ventured into shooting RAW and I no longer want to go back!
Helps a lot if you get the raw data first!
Plus a countryside like the one you get to see and CLOUDS such as this one ... I mean: that cloud did put itself there only for you, didn't it? You have connections???? So you can make them come when you need them? :wink: :wink: :wink:

(If I had any connections, I would send about 40 per cent of our clouds away, would then leave me with a nice cloud cover of 60 per cent .... nice. But this "grey soup" ... blah. No. :irked: )

Well, I also finally ventured into shooting RAW and I no longer want to go back!
Helps a lot if you get the raw data first!
Plus a countryside like the one you get to see and CLOUDS such as this one ... I mean: that cloud did put itself there only for you, didn't it? You have connections???? So you can make them come when you need them? :wink: :wink: :wink:

(If I had any connections, I would send about 40 per cent of our clouds away, would then leave me with a nice cloud cover of 60 per cent .... nice. But this "grey soup" ... blah. No. :irked: )

RAW is what I need to get what I want; I'm not going back.

I like to think I'm connected, maybe not making requisitions but by being put where I'm supposed to be when I should be there; This gets heavy from this point and most people think I'm nuts-

Speaking of nuts- We get about 350-355 days a year of sun here. Full, bright, obnoxious sun. Looks good on paper, and I can grow enough tomatoes and peppers for sauce, but, it can beat a wannabe photographer down. I told a client today, a gooey-cloudy, gloomy, murky day, that I was going out to shoot. His eyes got all big and got this wierd look. "Why? It's crappy outside." I told him that it was the day for nature to present its drama, the lighting and lightning, rays of sun through holes in the clouds and calico-spotted mountains and uncontrollable wind. He probably still thinks I'm nuts, but at least he didn't have the look like I was running off to steal his wife- and I got some nice shots (I hope).

Thanks Archangel!

Also, I get to rambling and blabbering so much sometimes I forget to say what I started to say.

The clouds hanging low and swooping across the landscape the way they are in this shot are fairly common in the winter months. This particular flats area is at an elevation of 4,000 ft above sea level while it drops off to 800-900 ft just under the clouds. Storms will build up against the mountains in the Los Angeles basin and overflow at this point after dumping rain below.

love those clouds, very menacing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back