Sun set on the train tracks

memento

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to Montreal with my girlfriend for a week, her home town. It was cloudy and snowing the whole time we were there. We were on our way to this site to visit her grandpa(retired train conductor), whom pasted away and had his ashes spread here. Right as we got there the clouds broke up and the setting sun came out. It was a very special moment for her.

Montreal_012911_3821Large.jpg

Nice shot! I like the sun reflecting off of the tracks. I think I would crop out the power lines though ! Just my opinion.

Nice. I love how you left detail in the shadow area in the foreground and didn't let it go completely black. Scenics have always been a favorite of mine.

Ken :D

Don't crop it; the power lines fit in ok because you already have train tracks and is that a lifting rail bridge?
You haven't done much post (if any) for this image? I think boosting the contrast (separately for just the sky and for snow (otherwise you will completely push your shadows to black so if you wish to avoid that...)) could add a lot to the image; would really bring out the sky.

Don't crop it; the power lines fit in ok because you already have train tracks and is that a lifting rail bridge?

i agree.
and when i first read "crop" i was thinking 'remove' (clone out?) which is way past my photoshop skills.
not sure about the bridge..

You haven't done much post (if any) for this image?
lol, no. 'post processing' is not my forte :p

I think boosting the contrast (separately for just the sky and for snow (otherwise you will completely push your shadows to black so if you wish to avoid that...)) could add a lot to the image; would really bring out the sky.

i think it's time to look into photoshop classes...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

For a few basics which can make a huge difference to your final image you can learn enough just playing around. Most of my landscapes are just masked layers with brightness/contrast adjustment after sharpening (have changed from using photoshop built in so using frequency separation (have found you can push it further before getting halos)).
You could probably find some decent tutorials or videos through google or youtube; just have to sift though all the other stuff to get to ones that give you the processing that you like.

naturally, i like how the tracks leads me towards the bridge in the distance, and the sun behind it. i admire the colors as well. kudos to you

Most reactions

New Topics

Back