Sunbathing Marmots!

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another one from my trip to the Olympics. At the very top of the trail, there were TONS of marmots just basking in the noonday sun. They were even communicating with each other with high pitched squeals/whistles(?) It was pretty awesome - my first time seeing marmots! They are super cute. :lmao: I don't even know if these two were looking at me ... it seemed like they were?

I don't really take very many wildlife photos, so C&C appreciated!

Marmot2 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr

EDIT: I just sharpened up the marmots a little bit. They look a little more furry now. Haha. Not sure if I overdid it, though. :D Here they are before sharpening:

Marmot by echoyjeff222, on Flickr

Nice! I've never seen them before either. Sharpened up marmots = good band name.

There's lots of them in the western Sierra Nevada mountains. They are tasty too.
We used to supplement our rations with them when we spent time at Golden Trout Camp just south of Mt. Langley and Army Pass.

Marmot stew
Grilled Marmot tacos with chopped onions, cilantro and tabasco sauce
Fried Marmot and scrambled eggs (powdered)
Grilled Marmot and meadow mushrooms sauteed in tarragon wine vinegar
Grilled Marmot and condensed milk gravy on toasted pita bread.

There's lots of them in the western Sierra Nevada mountains. They are tasty too.
We used to supplement our rations with them when we spent time at Golden Trout Camp just south of Mt. Langley and Army Pass.

Marmot stew
Grilled Marmot tacos with chopped onions, cilantro and tabasco sauce
Fried Marmot and scrambled eggs (powdered)
Grilled Marmot and meadow mushrooms sauteed in tarragon wine vinegar
Grilled Marmot and condensed milk gravy on toasted pita bread.

I thought you were being sarcastic for a second there ... haha. I did not know that squirrels were eaten ... fried ... grilled ... and stewed ... :confused:

Nice shot - always good to catch them a bit unaware. I don't think that the first one is over sharpened. We also have these guys in our Rockies at higher altitudes.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back