Sunday afternoon picture taking adventure. Critiques welcome.

bhardy501

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a few shots I took today. Please tell me what you guys think and what can I do different?
001-1.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

Here is some that I changed to black and white.
025copy.jpg

021copy.jpg

027copy.jpg

011copy.jpg

The first one the telephone or power line is kind of distracting, and the second one I would have maybe had the building lower or higher in the frame instead of centered. The third is the same as the first. The sixth one I would see about trying to remove the trash can on the left hand side of the picture.

Thanks for the input photo_joe, I would have liked to remove the trash can from the area but the college tends to frown on messing with stuff like that. Not much I can do about the wires when I had to take the photos from the roadway to avoid tresspasing.

I think photo_joe meant to remove the now in PS or some other editing software. :)

I have seen where you coud remove things like the power line but the trash can? Wouldnt that leave a big hole where it was? I am using photoshop can I do that from there?

I have seen where you coud remove things like the power line but the trash can? Wouldnt that leave a big hole where it was? I am using photoshop can I do that from there?
You use the Clone tool. You essentially cover the trash can rather than remove it.

By Clone they mean you copy some other part of the photo and then place the copy on top of the trash can. But, you usually have to use several different copies to make it look halfway real.

Here is a quick and dirty job of Cloning out the trash can:

$011.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool, I have been looking at some of the howto vids. they have. Thanks guys.

I liked the up close photos of the church, but the second photo of the wrecked barn was a bit annoying because of the gate that shows up on the bottom of the picture. I assume you were standing at the gate and had the camera a little too low.

Most reactions

Back