alcina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kjaphotos.com.au
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What a day is all I can say.

I'm sorry there are so many...if you can only pick even one and add what you like and what you'd try next time, that's great as I feel it really helps me, and hopefully others, learn. I'm happy to put my images on the chopping block to help!

01 -
WPS1008-111.jpg

02 -
WPS1008-1131.jpg

03 -
WPS1008-1121.jpg

04 -
WPS1008-1101.jpg

05 -
WPS1008-1091.jpg

06 -
WPS1008-1061.jpg

07 -
WPS1008-1041.jpg

08 -
WPS1008-1001.jpg

09 -
WPS1008-1031.jpg

10 -
WPS1008-1071.jpg

Some nice work, I'll throw in my two cents here:
Overall I like the poses and composition except for #6. Is that lack of focus softness or gaussian blur? Either way it doesn't work for me in this image and I generally don't like her crop and positioning.
Most of your images have very distracting bright spots which verge on blown, forehead in #4, lower right cheek #6, whole face in #7, which I assume was from a direct light. This needs either a hand-held diffuser between subject and light-source or a softbox.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the input! Clients ordered less than five hours after viewing the gallery, so they were happy.

Appreciate the time you took, John - some great things for me to think about in future. #6 the full image has sharp focus on the eye but a small dof makes the rest soft for sure...he was lunging forward and I grabbed it. Mom & Dad liked it and have ordered multiples...go figure. I've gone back and looked for blown bits etc - I think some of it processing style that may or may not suit some tastes and all frames could easily be adjusted down a touch or two. There was no direct light on any of them, fwiw...all window light (not streaming in) and/or bounced flash.

From my test prints the ones they have ordered look nice, so off they went for print :)

Thanks for the input! Clients ordered less than five hours after viewing the gallery, so they were happy.

Appreciate the time you took, John - some great things for me to think about in future. #6 the full image has sharp focus on the eye but a small dof makes the rest soft for sure...he was lunging forward and I grabbed it. Mom & Dad liked it and have ordered multiples...go figure. I've gone back and looked for blown bits etc - I think some of it processing style that may or may not suit some tastes and all frames could easily be adjusted down a touch or two. There was no direct light on any of them, fwiw...all window light (not streaming in) and/or bounced flash.

From my test prints the ones they have ordered look nice, so off they went for print :)
And that ladies and gentlemen is what it's all about! Good job!

And that ladies and gentlemen is what it's all about! Good job!

I think you're bringing me luck! Just got a second order from this shoot (shame I'd already sent the first one off for print as I'll get nailed two shipping fees, but oh well ;) ).

All I can say, is know thy audience and shoot & process accordingly...your flair is what people are hiring you for in the first place and part of that, for me, is being able to tailor things each time ;)

Most reactions

Back