usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kinda of the run of the mill composition and capture

BUT

It was one of those photos that was taken unexpectedly while making a run to the local farm for some good Jersey corn and apple pie. Glad I carry my camera often.

Attachments

• $EPSN2527-6.jpg
    $EPSN2527-6.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 122
Kinda of the run of the mill composition and capture
Who freaking cares, you shot a superbly beautiful photo. It's like the butterfly was posing for you (it really couldn't have stood in a better place, could it?). Perfect exposure and DOF. My only gripe would be the background (the dark thing behind the flower is not helping the cause), but then again you said this was taken unexpectedly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment. The flower+butterfly really caught my eye as I was shopping. I practically dropped my produce and ran over with camera in hand.

Another thing to notice in the photo that was unexpected.... there is a bee hiding underneath the butterfly's left wing. You can see its head peaking out from underneath. A moment after the photo, the bee annoyed the butterfly enough for it to fly away. I am happy with the photo in part of my good luck.

Very nice shot. The whole Sunflower + Butterfly combination may be dated but if you can make a good shot of something general, you've done a good job. I hadn't noticed the bee until you mentioned it, I'd just hope nobody pointed it out if I were you =).

A beautiful image! [And I can really identify with the excitement of seeing the shot, having the camera on hand, and rushing over to get it.]

Kewl image dude!

I like it! Good job, good catch! :thumbup:

Thanks for the good words of encouragement.... much appreciated.

If any of you are in the Niagara by the falls area in Canada, I highly recommend you to visit the butterfly museum. Go early or when the crowds are slim. Bring a camera..... I went a couple years ago and enjoyed my time with the colorful buggers.

I visit Niagara almost everytime we have visitors, since both me and my fiancee are originally from England so all my relatives still live there, and some of hers. Never been the the butterfly museum though. I think only I would find it interesting and who wants to tag along with me for the sake of my photography when there's a whole water feature to see? =).

I've been to the falls twice and didn't even know that there was a butterfly museum. I'll keep this in mind for next time.

My suggestion for anybody visiting the Niagara Falls area is to take some time to also visit Niagara-on-the-Lake, a cute little town a few minutes from the falls. I think I enjoyed visiting this place even more than the falls themselves.

I think only I would find it interesting and who wants to tag along with me for the sake of my photography when there's a whole water feature to see? =).

You'd be surprised... I didn't think it was going to be interesting either but my wife wanted to go. In fact, I didn't even bring my camera on initial entry (I went back to the car to get my camera). I had it in my mind that the museum was just that.. a bunch of dead insects on display. I didn't realize that it was actually an enclosed "tropical" room with live butterflies flying around freely.

Oh yeh.. since we are talking about Niagara... don't forget the try out some ice wine.

Thanks neosdaddy... the sunlight fell on the flower just right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back