Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My response to a comment on Flickr:

"When I first saw the sunflowers, I was a little annoyed that I had Tri-X loaded, but then I thought it would be interesting to see what I could do when removing the more obvious appeal of a sunflower, which is the vibrant color."

So here are some colorless sunflowers.

Sunflower 3 by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Sunflower 1 by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Technical data: Minolta SR-1 loaded with Tri-X.

I like the second one's isolated lunar landscape! First one's backdrop does not make me engage. Of course, these are being seen as apprx. 24x36 phone images!

Thanks, Derrel :) It's true about the size - the first one looks a bit better when viewed large (and with a black background) in Flickr. But I still prefer the second one. I took a bunch and posted these two and the second one is my favorite of the bunch.

And mmaria told me she can't see Flickr at the moment, so I'm posting the pictures as attachments so she can see them:

$Sunflower 3.jpg

$Sunflower 1.jpg

And maria told me she can't see Flickr at the moment, so I'm posting the pictures as attachments so she can see them:
thank you :hug::

I like the second the best.

The first thing I'm noticing are those white petals in the upper left corner. The light there is just beautifully coming trough the petals.

The dark part of the picture together with the texture and the way how you composed the shot makes me feel uncomfortable. It's too heavy on that side, but somehow the beauty of the already mentioned petals gives me a nice overall feel when I look at this picture

Most reactions

Back