Sunrise from ABOVE the clouds--Mt. Haleakala C&C

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these on Mount Haleakala ( I think that is how it is spelled). Anyhow I thought they were amazing because I've never really seen a sunrise come from above the clouds. Sorry there is a little lens flare. Let me know what you guys think.
crater1.jpg

crater2.jpg

crater3.jpg

crater4.jpg

Very nice! #3 is my favorite. I missed Haleakalah sunrise (my kids didn't want to get up early enough), but got lucky and got a rainbow on top ...

It's a wonderful place to visit and shoot!

only the first one is showing for me, but i love it. very beautiful!

I really like #3 and #4. Were all of these taken with your Tokina 12-24? I am thinking of getting this lens soon, or perhaps the Sigma 10-20. I know I should probably ask more about these lenses in the equipment forum, but just curious which lens you used to take these.

-Andy

1 was taken with the tokina 12-24 i think the 3rd one. The last one was taken with my 8mm sigma ex dg. and the first two were taken with 28-125 IS usm. They are all for sale by the way. If you are looking to purchase any of them.

Only #3 is showing for me ,and is a great shot,Nothing to c&c,"great photograph"
now tell me how cold it was that day,and how good that sun felt once it came up!

Did you use a filter? Like a star filter? All the sunrise/set shots I got don't show the sun like that!!!
pssstt... what's your secret?

Only #3 is showing for me ,and is a great shot,Nothing to c&c,"great photograph"
now tell me how cold it was that day,and how good that sun felt once it came up!

It was so cold I almost dropped one of my lenses trying to change them. I could barely the controls on my camera. Lol my fingers froze!!!!

#2 screams EPIC.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back