Sunrise from Malta :-)

Quenten

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These photos were taken during sunrise with a Nikon d3100, lens 18-200mm on a tripod.

All Critiques are very welcome, i need to improve my photography :)))

Thank you very much. $Untitled-1.jpg$DSC_0002.jpg$DSC_0026.jpg$DSC_0028.jpg$DSC_0001.jpg$DSC_0030.jpg

Beautiful shots from a very capable and, in my opinion, one of the best value digital DSLR cameras on the market. :sexywink:

Beautiful shots from a very capable and, in my opinion, one of the best value digital DSLR cameras on the market. :sexywink:
Thank u very much for ur comments :))

The only shot that I believe is a "keeper" is your 4th photo, with the sun on the mast. It would have been better had the boat been on the right side of the canal, but you had no control of raising anchor. I don't really care for the sun right on the ship's mast. Perhaps a different shooting location. ...but it's your best of the bunch.

The only shot that I believe is a "keeper" is your 4th photo, with the sun on the mast. It would have been better had the boat been on the right side of the canal, but you had no control of raising anchor. I don't really care for the sun right on the ship's mast. Perhaps a different shooting location. ...but it's your best of the bunch.
Thanks for ur suggestion

Just because I didn't know this when I first got my cam: Watch how often you point straight at the sun, I've heard that the sun can ruin the sensor. I'm not sure what the actual "rules" are so I just avoid it.

Just because I didn't know this when I first got my cam: Watch how often you point straight at the sun, I've heard that the sun can ruin the sensor. I'm not sure what the actual "rules" are so I just avoid it.

You avoid it, altogether? You're obviously missing some potentially fantastic shots. Millions of photographers shoot into the sun. The damage is minimal. The mirror will block the sun until the exposure clicks, and when it does, the exposures aren't long enough to cause damage. Exposures are less than a couple seconds, AT MOST.
If you use LIve View, your camera's sensor is being exposed to the sun the entire time...this is when damage is more likely to occur. Likewise with point-and-shoot and mirror less systems.

Sidenote:I've aimed point and shoot cameras at sunsets all my life and have never experienced sensor damage. I just don't believe it.

I like the set, I wish they were laid out in a numbered format to reference them more accurately. I wish the mast wasn't cut off in the portrait oriented sail and sun shots.

You avoid it, altogether? You're obviously missing some potentially fantastic shots. Millions of photographers shoot into the sun. The damage is minimal. The mirror will block the sun until the exposure clicks, and when it does, the exposures aren't long enough to cause damage. Exposures are less than a couple seconds, AT MOST.
If you use LIve View, your camera's sensor is being exposed to the sun the entire time...this is when damage is more likely to occur. Likewise with point-and-shoot and mirror less systems.

Sidenote:I've aimed point and shoot cameras at sunsets all my life and have never experienced sensor damage. I just don't believe it.

I never use live view, I'll have to research what the risk is. I mean, I'll take a shot with the sun in it, but I won't go center frame, or large sun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back