What's new

Sunrise on my way to work

Really like the first one. Nice job preserving the shadow detail.

The second one is good, but doesn't really do much for me
 
Really like the first one. Nice job preserving the shadow detail.

The second one is good, but doesn't really do much for me

Thank you... should have said that the first one is 3 bracketed shots at -1, 0, +1 which is probably why the detail is still there. Thanks

The second was for a specific purpose to include the pylon, but I can see it may not appeal to all.

Many Thanks.
 
Beautiful sky - I like the first one most. Bring your camera with you more often. :thumbup:
 
Beautiful sky - I like the first one most. Bring your camera with you more often. :thumbup:

Ok, I will! :)

It is even better when the power stations are pumping out steam from those cooling towers...it builds to some quite impressive clouds and hence, great sunrises.

Cheers
 
I as well like the first one more than the second. Bring your camera more often!
 
I like the first, second is powerlines to me.

First one is such great color. Could even crop out the ground completely and make it abstract color
 
I like the first one more, as well. That's a great sunset! Only thing I would have done instead is bring a bit more of the foreground in to the shot. That's just me, though.
 
I like the first, second is powerlines to me.

First one is such great color. Could even crop out the ground completely and make it abstract color

I like the first one more, as well. That's a great sunset! Only thing I would have done instead is bring a bit more of the foreground in to the shot. That's just me, though.

Thanks folks.

Now what do I do...? Crop out the ground, or leave it in? I don't think I could have had any more ground from my vantage point in #1 as there would have been a lot of garbage below there...power lines, lights, streets, aerials, etc.

Cheers
 
Pylons appeal to ME, particularly at dawn or dusk, so rest assured: here you do have a "fan" of your second photo, too! ;)
 
Pylons appeal to ME, particularly at dawn or dusk, so rest assured: here you do have a "fan" of your second photo, too! ;)

Thanks Corinna. I think that they are part of our landscape, whether we like them or not, and so can be included. :)

Cheers
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom