What's new

Sunrise on the bay

dylanstraub

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
356
Reaction score
11
Location
Delaware
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Delaware Memorial Bridge copy.webp


I shot this from the Delaware side of the Delaware bay in the morning. I added some texture to the sky and enhanced the sun on the bottom right. I wanted to create an abstract look to an otherwise uninteresting shot. I hope you like what I've done here but I'd certainly like to hear your critique.
 
I don't what you mean by adding texture to the sky. Are you referring to what looks like noise? I think that your composition is good, but the image suffers from what looks like too much noise. Even if that is the intended look, I don't think that it works. It doesn't make it abstract enough to look abstract. At this point, it looks more like a technical error. If you increased the effect significantly, it may make the image more abstract.
 
Thanks for the feedback. The texture was the noise you referred to. I made selective edits with Nik Viveza in addition to the initial raw edit in Photoshop. The original image was rather flat and uninteresting so I used the structure (sharpen?) tool to bring out the details in the sky. I also used the same tool on the left side (grass) because it was poorly defined and I couldn't shoot around it. I think the end product was better than the original but I still didn't get what I wanted so I'll be shooting there again soon. Thanks again for your input.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom