What's new

Sunrise on the Lake C&C

existence02

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this morning at a local lake. I'm pretty happy with it, but of course would like to know what anyone else thinks of it.

3831325855_1d8934c867_o.png
 
Not bad.

However, your horizon isn't level. Also, with landscapes, you often need to decide where to place the horizon line. It's sometimes difficult to decide where to crop. Here, whats more important, the sky or the reflection on the water.

I find the dense tree on the left uninteresting, so it could be cropped out to place the sun in more of a Rule of Thirds position. The silhouetted bare trees are more interesting. If there were more to the right, I would have framed it in that direction.

The color is great, and subtle.

Hope that helps
 
Very beautiful! Try the changes Bitter Jeweler mentioned and post again! I'd like to see it edited as well.
 
Cropped it down a little. I think your right it does look much better. There is a little sensor dirt in the upper right corner I didn't catch until the upload.

The horizon is something I knew would be discussed. It's impossible to get straight because that piece of land isn't straight. There is a curve in the way the water hits the land and under those lighting conditions it got lost in the shadows. I straightened it the best I could get it without doing a massive edit to the picture.

3831522381_36dbcb2f5e_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
Bravo!

I think that helped.
Just try to keep those compositional elements in mind. They are not written in stone, though.
 
I love this shot. (It is better cropped...) Great job with the exposure. If there were any lakes around where I live maybe I'd be motivated to get up before the sun...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom