Sunset at Horseshoe Bend, AZ

So after stepping away from this shot for a bit, I came back to do my final cleanup before I send it to print. Thought I'd share with you guys because I was giving some good feedback which helped me make this photo better.

Here is what I did...
  1. Leveled the horizon (you guys were right. LOL)
  2. Brought up the shadows a bit. A bit too much contrast before.
  3. I composited in some of the color in the sky on the right into the left. I felt the blue showing through did not harmonize well with the rest of the image.
  4. Cropped a bit off the top.

i-hFLKPtJ-X2.jpg

Here is what I did...

Still looks off to me even though I know it's a trick of the horizon being blocked by the mountains.

Love what you've done with the colors. Look great on my calibrated monitor.

Print BIG, that is going to look stunning on your wall.

YES!!! Plan on printing it big on metal. Have to see where it's home will be to determine the size.

Here is what I did...

Still looks off to me even though I know it's a trick of the horizon being blocked by the mountains.

Love what you've done with the colors. Look great on my calibrated monitor.

I also think it may be some distortion from my lens. This was shot pretty wide. 14mm to be exact and I had the camera tilted down, which exaggerates the curvature from the lens. I allowed LR to auto-correct based on the lens profile but sometimes that's not enough. It doesn't really bother me so not sure I want to goof around with adjusting manually. It will eat into the crop if I do and I like how the shot is framed at this point. Maybe if I get bored which is likely. HAHA

Most reactions

New Topics

Back