sunset at the lake

rom4n301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2137135958_85a412c25b.jpg

tell me what you think. good, bad, what i could improve on. thanks

I don't think it's colourful enough...I dono...just kinda bleh. Otherwise it's pretty good. (A bit crooked)

Put [ img ] [ /img ] around your link without spaces and it'll show up in the thread.

While this is meant to show a serene scene, I feel the foreground plants make it too busy. Yes, always have some foreground when you do landscape (or lake-scape, for that matter) photos, but here I feel they distract since they severely compete with the scene behind.

AND this photo is underexposed.
It is just too dark. No more detail in the shrubbery on the banks of the lake at all.

Yes, the horizon line is a tad crooked, which should not happen with water surfaces, I think, it seems like soon your photo will begin to leak and run dry ;).

And the colours could, indeed, be stronger.

But my major critique remains on the foreground plants being distracting.

i dont even know if i can call this a lake. it is the filthiest thing iv ever been to, but there is a damn.. the lake is filled wit oil, trash and there is literally a dirt bike in the lake. its buy a factory that was taken down a couple years ago.. thanks for the tips though

i dont even know if i can call this a lake. it is the filthiest thing iv ever been to, but there is a damn.. the lake is filled wit oil, trash and there is literally a dirt bike in the lake. its buy a factory that was taken down a couple years ago.. thanks for the tips though
Call it a filthy lake. :>

I agree with Sideburns that the photo is just bleh, because of the lack of vibrant colors, but about it being underexposed, as pointed out by LaFoto, I'm gonna have to disagree. I think this exposure is good because it creates the silhouette effect as seen in the foreground element, by the way, thank you for using a foreground element! A lot of people don't utilize a foreground in landscape shots, but it's almost a must-have to me. Anyways, I like the exposure because of the silhouette effect, but the colors, yeah, they are just too dull. And Sideburns is right, the shot is a bit crooked, that's an easy enough fix though. And also, although I don't think it kilt the shot because of your utilization of a foreground element, but be wary of splitting the shot in half with the horizon, that can be a very risky composition.

Most reactions

Back