sunset at Valle Caldera

johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took the long way home from Los Alamos this Saturday, after our son's team's tournament. Rather than head back to Santa Fe and down, we went through Bandelier and passed the Valle Caldera (previously known as Valle Grande) in the Jemez.

Got too late a start, and missed most of the great light, but stopped at Valle Caldera for this one. First is what was salvaged from the original exposure, then the original exposure. Camera had still been set to jpeg for shooting the games, so I feel fortunate I was able to salvage something.

sunset_at_Valle_Caldera_30Aug0_by_johnguarino.jpg

And here's the image from which this was salvaged.

2818158277_9ca8cc6d73.jpg

Cropped out some of the left hand side, used selective curves to try to bring back some of the middle ground and foreground, along with the dodge tool. Patch tool to change where the grass led past the tree. Originally it was heading out of the image.

Nice shot John, looks like a nice place to shoot. I'm not sure if it's my monitor playing tricks on me but there does seem to be a line along the hills from the dodge tool although I probably wouldn't have looked as hard if you hadn't mentioned it

Nice shot John, looks like a nice place to shoot. I'm not sure if it's my monitor playing tricks on me but there does seem to be a line along the hills from the dodge tool although I probably wouldn't have looked as hard if you hadn't mentioned it

LOL, not your monitor! It worsened with the salvaging!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back