Sunset B&W

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
triggbw.JPG

Nice composition. I love the whites and blacks but the midtones are, I don't know, too muddy? Not sure, but I might bring the mids down a bit more hoping to showcase the whites in the sea and sky.

Thanks for the comment. I will go back and play with the midtones to see how it looks.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

I’ve come back and looked at this one a few times now. I suppose I could agree with the first comment regarding the middle tones. I’d probably play with them a little more. But I find this a very interesting image! The 3 main components make the scene quite interesting indeed. I could be overly picky and say that all 3 items put more weight on the RHS of the image which throws off the balance a tiny bit...but that’s just being picky. I really like this image and it’s fun to talk about it. Thanks!

I’ve come back and looked at this one a few times now. I suppose I could agree with the first comment regarding the middle tones. I’d probably play with them a little more. But I find this a very interesting image! The 3 main components make the scene quite interesting indeed. I could be overly picky and say that all 3 items put more weight on the RHS of the image which throws off the balance a tiny bit...but that’s just being picky. I really like this image and it’s fun to talk about it. Thanks!
I am glad you like it and thanks for your thoughts.

Very cool pic. I like the glow in the ocean and sky and the hard contrast.

Very nice, great sky glow, works well with the darker water

Well bless my soul, I think this image looks perfectly amazing on my laptop screen. I love your tonal range here. Dunno if much is needed. If you really felt compelled to play with it more, maybe an overall lightening of 5-7% or so...not too much, just enough to offset an overall increase in contrast. I love the shadow detail in the outcropping of rock on the right, and I have a feeling you worked it a bit to get it that good. ;) Too much contrast will hurt.

It's moody and lovely. Sometimes a scene simply contains a lot of middle gray, and that's what you get with sand and rock at twilight in B&W. Tweak it a bit if you feel so moved, but for my two cents it's a big keeper.

Very cool pic. I like the glow in the ocean and sky and the hard contrast.
Thanks veru much Kirk

Very nice, great sky glow, works well with the darker water
Thnak you

Well bless my soul, I think this image looks perfectly amazing on my laptop screen. I love your tonal range here. Dunno if much is needed. If you really felt compelled to play with it more, maybe an overall lightening of 5-7% or so...not too much, just enough to offset an overall increase in contrast. I love the shadow detail in the outcropping of rock on the right, and I have a feeling you worked it a bit to get it that good. ;) Too much contrast will hurt.

It's moody and lovely. Sometimes a scene simply contains a lot of middle gray, and that's what you get with sand and rock at twilight in B&W. Tweak it a bit if you feel so moved, but for my two cents it's a big keeper.
Thanks very much for the detailed response. I though this one with the jagged rocks and the lack of green moss/weed found on some of the rocks around there lent itself to some moody B&W. I haven't had a chance to look at doing any adjustments on this as everyday life is getting in the way lol.

Nice. I didn't think a sunset would look goid in black and white, ut tbis is a striking image

Tonal range galore. Well done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back