What's new

Sunset C&C Please!

dhaval

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Rn6Yz.jpg


Thank you so much!
 
I like the image; the silhouette of the moutains against the fading light is really nice, but the drooping foliage from the tree is very distracting.
 
I love it. I would not change a thing. I think the tree gives it more depth.
 
agree i love the sunset and mountains in the background. very nice. the tree is distracting as someone above mentioned.
 
very nice colors and setting. I do and do not like the tree. Maybe if there was a bit more tree in the image it wouldnt seem so distracting and more apart of the overall image?
 
I like the way the mountainous horizon has layers, changing color as the distance gets greater. I also like that the water's edge is a straight horizontal line, looks clean - almost fake.

What I dislike most is the noise... The IQ isn't very good and the tree silhouette has some blurry leaves, not sure if the tree works here at all for me.

Good to have a new member here who posts actual photos :)
 
Nice picture and the I believe the tree would work a little better if MAYBE there was a touch less of it? Or maybe just a little repositioning? Either way, keep up the good work!
 
just curious how much and what kind of post editing you do to a pic. like this? Im new to photography and very new to post editing, just trying to figure out what pics need what afterwards.
 
Wow thanks a lot for reviewing guys!

I included the tree to add a sense of depth, didn't realize it'd be this distracting. Unfortunately, I haven't got a shot without a tree! :grumpy:

I've included an uncropper version with some editing to remove the blur from the foliage, I'm not sure if that helps!

@SoulfulRecover: you mentioned more tree, do you feel the uncropped version with more tree makes it any better?

@reznap: I hadn't noticed that straight horizon line, you're right that does look kinda weird :)

I'm not sure what caused all the noise, I was shooting at ISO200 with a D300s. I'm guessing it's the VR from my new 70-300mm lens which caused that. Not sure!

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more while I learn from you guys!

@Peanut: I'm pretty new to photography myself, learning things as I go along :) For this picture I just played around with Saturation and Vibrance settings from inside the Lightroom and that's about it.

Uncropped image with some blur removed:

TEZSe.jpg
 
I too believe the tree adds something. (Maybe we should take a poll.:lol:)
 
I like the image; the silhouette of the moutains against the fading light is really nice, but the drooping foliage from the tree is very distracting.
Well, I would only really be angry at it if I couldn't see the tree trunk. A lot of people make that mistake of not including enough of something in a picture to tell what it is, and that's what I like about the tree being there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom