What's new

Sunset in the Blackhills

davev78

TPF Supporters
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
359
Reaction score
1,133
Location
Minnesota
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken on a trip last fall.
I used a Canon 30D with a Canon 28-300is lens

196757996_b764r-O-2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Great pastel sky.........really makes the silhouette stand out....:thumbup:
 
I love this. As Larry said great pastel sky. I'm only somewhat bothered with the out of focus grass. I think it takes away from the silhouette. But still it's a great image.
 
Unfortunately there is too much black dead space at top and bottom. Ideally, a graduated neutral density filter, a little more exposure, and a stronger telephoto would have produced a more interesting shot.

skieur
 
You did nicely, could you please let me know the name of the place? This look great in picture and I am sure its very beautiful place.
 
You did nicely, could you please let me know the name of the place? This look great in picture and I am sure its very beautiful place.

It's from an area in South Dakota called the Badlands.

The Badlands area is a National Park and looks alot like this in sunlight.
196618873_PCsTB-XL-2.jpg
 
Did you take the picture above? It looks amazing..
 
Thanks. Yes, that's one of mine also.
Every shot that I post, I took.

The only time I would post a shot that's not mine, would be an edit of someone's shot that has asked for help with it.

BTW, the colors in the Badlands shot "may" have been enhanced some.;)
 
Did you take the picture above? It looks amazing..
After a very quick tour of his smugmug account, I have no reason to doubt it was not his shot. Pretty cool stuff in the Scapes Gallery, Davey. :thumbup:
 
Did you take the picture above? It looks amazing..
After a very quick tour of his smugmug account, I have no reason to doubt it was not his shot. Pretty cool stuff in the Scapes Gallery, Davey. :thumbup:

Thanks.

Some of the shots on the site go back 6 or 7 years.
Hopefully I'm getting a little better with the camera and with PS.
 
Great shots. I love the Badlands, my family and I used to go there every year.
 
Makes me miss the Blackhills
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom