Sunset/Nightscape on the coast

tyler_h

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Long time since I have had much chance to shoot. These are a couple of shots from around the coastline at Newcastle (the Australian one). Some may recognise the first as the Bogey Hole, while the second is a little to the north along the rocks.

Processing on each is completely different. The first is done in my fairly typical style, while in the second one is processed quite differently. I felt this style of processing matched the image I had. As some will note it was quite dark at the time; 13s at f/4 and ISO6400, and still a bit underexposed.

Any comments are always appreciated.

2011_12_17_8402 by tyler_s_hamilton, on Flickr

2011_12_17_8455 by tyler_s_hamilton, on Flickr

I Love the first one. Beautifully framed. The combination of such still water in the foreground and cottony surf in the background is just awesome. Nicely done.

First one is cool comfortable where as second one challenges visibility, as you mentioned

Regards :D

Yeah, don't expect the second to be received as well as the first but I still liked it as a shot for something a little different from the typical landscapes I end up with.

I Love the first one. Beautifully framed. The combination of such still water in the foreground and cottony surf in the background is just awesome. Nicely done.

Thanks.

Bumping in hope of some additional comments; equally interested in the good and the bad - particularly if they come in a constructive form...

Most reactions

Back