Sunset over East Fork - C&C plz

bigwoofersnet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry for all the pics, but I couldn't not post them all up. This is my first set of sunset pics, let me know what you think!
_MG_0975_3_4hdr.jpg

_MG_0981_79_80hdr2.jpg

_MG_0955copy.jpg

_MG_1065_6_4hdr.jpg

_MG_1034.jpg

_MG_1039_7_8hdr2.jpg

_MG_1040.jpg

_MG_1048_6_7hdr.jpg

_MG_1030_28_29copyhdrstraight.jpg

_MG_1021_19_20hdr.jpg
_MG_0997_5_6hdr.jpg

_MG_1004_5_6hdr2.jpg

_MG_1008copy.jpg

_MG_0987.jpg

_MG_1097.jpg

Last edited:
9 and 11 are great! The others are ok, but don't grab my attention like those two, I think it is because the composition is so good. I like the sillouette of the guy fishing also.

The water is bound to soon run out of Photo 9 and onto my desk and ... that is why "I am not amused" ... ;) ... yes, well, in short: you have to straighten that one. I don't understand how you could have spent so much time on that one, tonemapping it and all, and not seeing to that crooked horizon.

If I had had to decide which of these 16 to show and which to keep just to myself, I'd have left unpresented: 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 (for sure) ... and I would have tried to get rid of that light post or whatever it is in 2!

Thanks pug.

LaFoto, I didn't even notice the horizon. Not making excuses, but this is only my 2nd week taking photo's and I just didn't think to look at it, I'll be more conscious of it in my future photos to double check things like that. I updated my original post with a straight horizon, at least looks that way to me. Any specific things you can put your finger on to why you wouldn't present the ones you named? I'm still learning, and trying to get a feel or what looks good, and what doesn't.. or what looks good to some people, and doesn't to others. Also, I actually liked the post in 2.. is there a "technical" or compositional reason why you would of edited it out? Thanks for any additional input.

Hi, 3 & 5 stand out to me - I' new so great to view thanks

graham

I like #9. The others are not as good for me. They either look too digitally manipulated or they have slanted horizons or the barrel distortion (of what I assume is your zoom lens :er:) is too prevalent. Great looking place and some great compositions however.

i like your shots those were great..

I actually like 1 and 14 the best. I sense that I am in the minority here but those are the ones that stood out to me.

And, as for getting rid of the light pole in 2 - it is very distracting and takes away from the image. It looks like it's just in the way and not part of the original composition. It's just begging to be edited out, in my opinion.

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back